Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Texas Governor Rick Perry is still holding out on his State’s anticipated acceptance of nearly $100 billion in Federal health insurance funds, sticking to his long-standing pledge not to make Texas a “hostage” of the Federal government by accepting the terms of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Some Congressional Democrats are pushing to make a Federal gun-control law that would force any gun owner who doesn’t take out liability insurance pay the government a $10,000 fine. You’ll know it as the “Firearm Risk Protection Act” when the TV talking heads start chattering.
- Women are being allowed to ride bikes openly under a kinder, gentler interpretation of Saudi Islamic law. They can do it only for fun — not to actually go anywhere — and they have to be covered from head to toe. And they have to have a male relative with them at all times while pedaling about. (How does that work?) And they still can’t drive.
- City life: Los Angeles has somehow managed to synchronize every single one of its traffic signals in an effort to reduce the city’s legendary gridlock.
- A New Mexico man has left treasure in the ground in the mountains north of Santa Fe. If it actually contains gold, maybe it’s worth looking for right about now.