Dead Dorner, Russian Smokers and Economy-Killing Taxes: Wednesday Morning News Roundup 2-13-2013
February 13, 2013 by Sam Rolley
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- There are reports that law enforcement officials set on fire the house where alleged cop killer Christopher Dorner was holed up.
- If you didn’t catch the President’s State of the Union, take it from Uncle Ted: “My favorite part was when I couldn’t hear clearly,” said Nugent to reporters after the speech. “Then I didn’t get angry.”
- Middle school teacher Ned Walker, 41, was arrested Monday in his school’s parking lot for having a .380 loaded semi-automatic handgun with a 7-round magazine as well as a 2.5-inch locking-blade knife in his vehicle.
- In Russia, where more than 40 percent of the adult population smokes, lawmakers are working to ban smoking in public.
- And from the basic economics department: Recent tax hikes have stalled retail sales.
- The President had lunch with members of the press yesterday. But America will never know what they discussed, as the whole event was “off the record.”
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.