CPAC Off And Running, Bill Gates Wants To King Obama, Fracking’s Fine, Doctors Scale Down To Dodge Obamacare, North Korea Spin Vid Funniest Thing You’ll See All Day: Thursday Morning News Roundup 3-14-2013
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- The Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) kicks off today. Here are five political storylines to follow as the Right convenes in the hope of putting a face on its future.
- America’s second-richest man (that’s Bill Gates) wishes we could go all Euro and give President Barack Obama “slightly more power” like they do in the mother country. This guy’s a capitalist?
- A small but vocal cadre of environmentalists are holding up one of America’s biggest potential energy boons, and it’s time they shut the frack up.
- Guess who hates Obamacare? Doctors.
- A North Korean propaganda video portrays the U.S. as a pretty, well, North Korea-like place. The video tells viewers that Americans eat snow, shoot children, sit unfazed among their many shrouded dead friends and eat city birds to stay alive. Is this a hoax?
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook. And follow our improved Twitter feed.
Ben Bullard Reconciling the concept of individual sovereignty with conscientious participation in the modern American political process is a continuing preoccupation for staff writer Ben Bullard. A former community newspaper writer, Bullard has closely observed the manner in which well-meaning small-town politicians and policy makers often accept, unthinkingly, their increasingly marginal role in shaping the quality of their own lives, as well as those of the people whom they serve. He argues that American public policy is plagued by inscrutable and corrupt motives on a national scale, a fundamental problem which individuals, families and communities must strive to solve. This, he argues, can be achieved only as Americans rediscover the principal role each citizen plays in enriching the welfare of our Republic.
Join the Discussion:
View Comments to “CPAC Off And Running, Bill Gates Wants To King Obama, Fracking’s Fine, Doctors Scale Down To Dodge Obamacare, North Korea Spin Vid Funniest Thing You’ll See All Day: Thursday Morning News Roundup 3-14-2013”
Comment Policy: We encourage an open discussion with a wide range of viewpoints, even extreme ones, but we will not tolerate racism, profanity or slanderous comments toward the author(s) or comment participants. Make your case passionately, but civilly. Please don't stoop to name calling. We use filters for spam protection. If your comment does not appear, it is likely because it violates the above policy or contains links or language typical of spam. We reserve the right to remove comments at our discretion.
Is there news related to personal liberty happening in your area? Contact us at email@example.com