CPAC Friday, Nanny Lawmakers Left And Right, Capitalism Is A Crime, Eyes On Manhattan, Pelosi Wants A Balanced Budget — When She’s Dead: Friday Morning News Roundup 3-15-2013
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Day Two of CPAC may bring out a fundamental challenge for the GOP’s platform setters: Can we drop the social conservatism talk and expand our base, or do we stick to the old script?
- Reason just put up a devastating article explaining how the liberty-snatching puritanism of right-wingers who legislate morality is driven by the same evil, meddling attitude as that of New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and his liberal nanny state.
- If he thinks making money is a crime, why doesn’t Michael Moore turn himself in? Is it because jail doesn’t look like this?
- The license plate of every car driving into Manhattan will soon be scanned by sensors and cameras. Behave!
- House Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) agrees with her buddy, Barack Obama, that a balanced budget and the National Debt could maybe, sort of, one day become a problem: Someone else’s problem. She’d like to achieve a balanced Federal budget “in a number of decades.”
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook. And follow our improved Twitter feed.
Ben Bullard Reconciling the concept of individual sovereignty with conscientious participation in the modern American political process is a continuing preoccupation for staff writer Ben Bullard. A former community newspaper writer, Bullard has closely observed the manner in which well-meaning small-town politicians and policy makers often accept, unthinkingly, their increasingly marginal role in shaping the quality of their own lives, as well as those of the people whom they serve. He argues that American public policy is plagued by inscrutable and corrupt motives on a national scale, a fundamental problem which individuals, families and communities must strive to solve. This, he argues, can be achieved only as Americans rediscover the principal role each citizen plays in enriching the welfare of our Republic.
Join the Discussion:
View Comments to “CPAC Friday, Nanny Lawmakers Left And Right, Capitalism Is A Crime, Eyes On Manhattan, Pelosi Wants A Balanced Budget — When She’s Dead: Friday Morning News Roundup 3-15-2013”
Comment Policy: We encourage an open discussion with a wide range of viewpoints, even extreme ones, but we will not tolerate racism, profanity or slanderous comments toward the author(s) or comment participants. Make your case passionately, but civilly. Please don't stoop to name calling. We use filters for spam protection. If your comment does not appear, it is likely because it violates the above policy or contains links or language typical of spam. We reserve the right to remove comments at our discretion.
Is there news related to personal liberty happening in your area? Contact us at email@example.com