Court Postpones Review Of Mubarak Appeal

0 Shares

CAIRO, Aug. 9 (UPI) — An Egyptian court has postponed reviewing an appeal by former President Hosni Mubarak of a May administrative court conviction.

Mubarak, 83, and two co-defendants said they were not properly notified of the case charging them with cutting off lines of communication during Egypt’s January revolution, al-Masry al-Youm reported Tuesday.

Mubarak’s attorneys also charge the decision to cut off communications was made by a committee of six ministers, not just Mubarak and the former prime minister and interior minister.

The court said it will wait until Oct. 3 to take up Mubarak’s appeal.

The former Egyptian president pleaded not guilty Aug. 3 to charges of corruption and killing protesters during the uprisings earlier this year.

He appeared in court on a hospital bed after being deemed fit to travel to Cairo to stand trial.

Mubarak is hospitalized at the International Medical Center in Cairo where his medical team is attending to his frail health.

UPI - United Press International, Inc.

Since 1907, United Press International (UPI) has been a leading provider of critical information to media outlets, businesses, governments and researchers worldwide.

Join the Discussion

Comment Policy: We encourage an open discussion with a wide range of viewpoints, even extreme ones, but we will not tolerate racism, profanity or slanderous comments toward the author(s) or comment participants. Make your case passionately, but civilly. Please don't stoop to name calling. We use filters for spam protection. If your comment does not appear, it is likely because it violates the above policy or contains links or language typical of spam. We reserve the right to remove comments at our discretion.