Join Our Team
Are you interested in joining a fast-growing, vibrant company and working with a liberty loving group of people who demonstrate a strong work ethic? Does a place where hard work and dedication is both recognized and rewarded sound like a place you want to be? Then consider a position at Personal Liberty Media Group, LLC.
We are located in beautiful Cullman, Alabama, a small, conservative city about 50 miles north of Birmingham. While most businesses have struggled during the current economic downturn, Personal Liberty Media Group has prospered. Our staff has grown five-fold over the last year… and we’re still growing. We’re looking for top-flight people who share our values and want to help spread the message of greater liberty and freedom. Check out our current job opportunities below. If you’ve got what it takes, follow the links below to apply.
Job summary: Writes copy from a conservative/libertarian perspective, proofreads, maintains schedule and performs research as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain knowledge of current events and understand their impact from the conservative/libertarian perspective.
- Collect details and compile information through research and interviews for stories/columns.
- Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
- Write copy from a conservative/libertarian perspective for columns and special reports and other uses as assigned.
- Verify sources or documentation for columns, stories and special reports.
- Edit own written material.
- Ensure correct grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Interact with production/web team and contributing writers to maintain schedules.
- Meet deadlines as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of the conservative/libertarian viewpoint of political, social and fiscal issues.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Ability to use a computer and a working knowledge of basic Windows-based computer programs. Additional knowledge and experience including web design and computer programming helpful.
- Ability to manage time.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- An understanding of and experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and other new forms of communication helpful but not required.
Education and Training
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, mass communications, creative writing, public relations or a related field or two years experience as a journalist, reporter, writer, P.R. practitioner or related field required.
To submit your resume and salary requirements for this position, go here.