Carbon Monoxide Kills Seven In China
BEIJING, Aug. 5 (UPI) — Seven Chinese villagers died after being overcome by carbon monoxide while looking for agate stones in an abandoned mine, local authorities said Friday.
The incident occurred Wednesday night in the small town of Beipiao in Northeast China’s Liaoning province, the Xinhua news agency reported.
The report, quoting the municipal information office, said an initial investigation determined six of the villagers had entered the mine without authorization and later died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
The seventh victim, after failing to hear from his friends, went into the mine the next day and he too was overcome by the poisonous gas, the report said.
UPI - United Press International, Inc. Since 1907, United Press International (UPI) has been a leading provider of critical information to media outlets, businesses, governments and researchers worldwide.
Join the Discussion:
View Comments to “Carbon Monoxide Kills Seven In China”
Comment Policy: We encourage an open discussion with a wide range of viewpoints, even extreme ones, but we will not tolerate racism, profanity or slanderous comments toward the author(s) or comment participants. Make your case passionately, but civilly. Please don't stoop to name calling. We use filters for spam protection. If your comment does not appear, it is likely because it violates the above policy or contains links or language typical of spam. We reserve the right to remove comments at our discretion.
Is there news related to personal liberty happening in your area? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org