Boy, 9, Rescued From Chimney
SALT LAKE CITY, (UPI) — Firefighters in Salt Lake City said they rescued a 9-year-old boy who became stuck while apparently trying to lower himself down the chimney of his home.
The firefighters said they were called to the California Avenue home around 6 p.m. Monday by the boy’s mother, who told them she had heard the boy crying and soon found he was stuck up the chimney, KSTU-TV, Salt Lake City, reported Wednesday.
The rescuers said it took them about 45 minutes to pull the boy to safety using a rope. He was not seriously injured.
The boy’s mother told firefighters she believes he climbed up to the roof on his own and attempted to lower himself down the chimney.
UPI - United Press International, Inc. Since 1907, United Press International (UPI) has been a leading provider of critical information to media outlets, businesses, governments and researchers worldwide.
Join the Discussion:
View Comments to “Boy, 9, Rescued From Chimney”
Comment Policy: We encourage an open discussion with a wide range of viewpoints, even extreme ones, but we will not tolerate racism, profanity or slanderous comments toward the author(s) or comment participants. Make your case passionately, but civilly. Please don't stoop to name calling. We use filters for spam protection. If your comment does not appear, it is likely because it violates the above policy or contains links or language typical of spam. We reserve the right to remove comments at our discretion.
Is there news related to personal liberty happening in your area? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org