Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Ney York City Nanny Mayor Michael Bloomberg launched a $12 million ad blitz against Senators who do not support gun control.
- Your tax dollars at work: The Internal Revenue Service spent about $60,000 to produce a ridiculous “Star Trek” parody for training.
- The Department of Homeland Security is making yet another big ammo purchase. This time the agency announced it plans to purchase another 360,000 rounds of hollow point ammunition.
- Jim Carrey is no longer funny, if you ever thought he was. And, oh yeah, he hates guns.
- The Federal government spends more money each year on cash payments for disabled former workers than it spends on food stamps and welfare combined. Every month, 14 million people now get a disability check from the government.
- Senator James Inhofe (R-Okla.) introduced an amendment that would prevent the United States from entering into the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty in order to uphold the 2nd Amendment. His amendment passed on a 53-46 vote.