Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Veteran Democratic strategist James Carville said Wednesday that Republicans throughout the Nation would be “relieved” Representative Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) has decided to retire.
- According to a new report from the Massachusetts State auditor, more than 1,000 dead people recently received welfare benefits in State.
- The latest Reason-Rupe national poll finds just 33 percent of Americans feel the “Senate should debate and vote on gun control legislation again,” while 62 percent want the Senate to “move on to other issues.”
- Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on completed his tour of the early Presidential primary States. His message: Republicans must accept newcomers to their Party if they want to win back the White House.
- Iconic American newsman Larry King will host a new political talk show on RT beginning next month. King’s show will feature interviews with leading establishment figures as well as with activists who are not afraid to go against the grain.
- More Saudi abuse of migrant workers on film: A passport official in Jeddah was taped Sunday beating an African worker who had accompanied his Saudi domestic employer to the passport office. “These images are shocking, but unfortunately they offer just one small example of the mistreatment suffered by migrant workers in Saudi Arabia,” said Saudi human rights worker Walid Abou Al Khair.
–Staff writer Ben Bullard contributed to this report.