Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Who knew? Evidently, it’s still hard to be a devout atheist under theocratic regimes.
- Michael Bloomberg is funding the legislative campaign of a gun grabber running for the Chicago-area seat formerly held by Jessie Jackson Jr. Way to serve your “constituents” in Illinois, Mayor. That New York gig must leave a lot of gaps in your schedule.
- Memorable Ronald Reagan-era Surgeon General C. Everett Koop died Monday. Browse his correspondence to see politics and policy, in the early AIDS years, pushing against each other.
- Joe Biden might as well enjoy all the POTUS love now. He’ll be 74 in 2016.
- Oopsie! Last month’s big reveal that the Taliban was hobbled in 2012 — thanks to stats supplied by the U.S. military in Kabul, Afghanistan — can now be quietly corrected. Turns out, they’re attacking as frequently as ever. But it’s still a win for America!
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.