Atheists Feel Persecuted, NYC Mayor Funds Chicago Gun Grabber, C. Everett Koop’s AIDS Letters, Veep Keeps Getting 2016 Love, (Accidentally) Underestimating The Taliban: Tuesday Morning News Roundup 2-26-2013
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Who knew? Evidently, it’s still hard to be a devout atheist under theocratic regimes.
- Michael Bloomberg is funding the legislative campaign of a gun grabber running for the Chicago-area seat formerly held by Jessie Jackson Jr. Way to serve your “constituents” in Illinois, Mayor. That New York gig must leave a lot of gaps in your schedule.
- Memorable Ronald Reagan-era Surgeon General C. Everett Koop died Monday. Browse his correspondence to see politics and policy, in the early AIDS years, pushing against each other.
- Joe Biden might as well enjoy all the POTUS love now. He’ll be 74 in 2016.
- Oopsie! Last month’s big reveal that the Taliban was hobbled in 2012 — thanks to stats supplied by the U.S. military in Kabul, Afghanistan — can now be quietly corrected. Turns out, they’re attacking as frequently as ever. But it’s still a win for America!
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.
Ben Bullard Reconciling the concept of individual sovereignty with conscientious participation in the modern American political process is a continuing preoccupation for staff writer Ben Bullard. A former community newspaper writer, Bullard has closely observed the manner in which well-meaning small-town politicians and policy makers often accept, unthinkingly, their increasingly marginal role in shaping the quality of their own lives, as well as those of the people whom they serve. He argues that American public policy is plagued by inscrutable and corrupt motives on a national scale, a fundamental problem which individuals, families and communities must strive to solve. This, he argues, can be achieved only as Americans rediscover the principal role each citizen plays in enriching the welfare of our Republic.
Join the Discussion:
View Comments to “Atheists Feel Persecuted, NYC Mayor Funds Chicago Gun Grabber, C. Everett Koop’s AIDS Letters, Veep Keeps Getting 2016 Love, (Accidentally) Underestimating The Taliban: Tuesday Morning News Roundup 2-26-2013”
Comment Policy: We encourage an open discussion with a wide range of viewpoints, even extreme ones, but we will not tolerate racism, profanity or slanderous comments toward the author(s) or comment participants. Make your case passionately, but civilly. Please don't stoop to name calling. We use filters for spam protection. If your comment does not appear, it is likely because it violates the above policy or contains links or language typical of spam. We reserve the right to remove comments at our discretion.
Is there news related to personal liberty happening in your area? Contact us at email@example.com