Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Plans are in the works for an armed march on Washington, D.C., this Fourth of July, an act of civil disobedience “to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated,” according to organizer Adam Kokesh.
- There’s “no coherent plan” for closing the U.S. military detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, according to Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.).
- Congressional Democrats are working hard to distance themselves from the Obama Administration’s explanation of the Benghazi, Libya, attacks as it becomes harder to deny that the White House lied.
- James Porter, whom the National Rifle Association will elect as its president Monday, believes that “revenge is what’s motivating the president’s unrelenting attacks on gun owners today.”
- Democratic strategist and former Bill Clinton adviser James Carville said of Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas) over the weekend, “I think he is the most talented and fearless Republican politician I’ve seen in the last 30 years.”
*Staff writer Ben Bullard contributed to this report.