The elected class and their media enablers are shameless in their desire to hold onto their reins of power.
During Wednesday’s hearings before a Congressional committee on the Benghazi, Libya, terrorist attack, whistle-blowers Gregory Hicks, Mark Thompson and Eric Nordstrom described the events that took place in Benghazi on Sept. 11. It’s a far different tale from the “story” the Administration of President Barack Obama and its propaganda arm, the corporate mainstream media, told in the days following the attack.
It’s clear the Obama Administration and then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton were either incompetent in their handling of the events of that day or they made a conscious effort to let Ambassador Chris Stevens and the three other State Department employees die. It’s equally clear their initial story was a bald-faced lie, and they knew it was a lie as they told it.
It was election time, you see; and there was a narrative of Obama as a slayer of terrorists everywhere and defeater of al-Qaida that had to be maintained. And now, as the hearings showed, Democrats are more interested in covering for Obama and Clinton than they are in getting to the bottom of some of the important issues like:
- Who were the attackers and their sponsors?
- Was there warning of the impending attacks?
- Was there adequate security?
- Could the attacks have been prevented?
- Could the State Department employees have been saved by a military intervention?
- Was a response team ordered to stand down?
- Why did it take so long for the investigative team to arrive?
- Have the whistleblowers been threatened and/or punished?
One would like to think the voting public is closely following the Benghazi story through alternative media and sees through the veil the MSM has thrown over the whole affair as it works to cover for its two darlings: Obama and Clinton. But that’s probably too much to ask of the low-information voter occupied with celebrity worship, processed foods and [non]reality TV.