Obama’s Secret Pig-Out, Christie’s Secret Weight Loss, Celebrity Guns, NoKo Standing Down?, Drone Hacker Jihad: Tuesday Morning News Roundup 5-7-2013
May 7, 2013 by Ben Bullard
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- President Barack Obama secretly held an A-list celebrity bash the night he took his second oath of office. The Hill got hold of the guest list in April. Jamie Foxx, Kelly Clarkson, Eva Longoria: You get the idea.
- No one could have suspected it by looking, but Republican New Jersey Governor Chris Christie evidently had lap band weight loss surgery three months ago. The 50-year-old RINO is trying to live longer for his family and perhaps to get down to his fighting weight as he mulls a run at a Presidential nomination in 2016.
- A Florida guy who just likes guns and decided to start putting a daily picture from his 115-weapon collection on Instagram has gained close to 40,000 followers since December. He had only 8,500 followers before Congress started talking about gun control.
- North Korea may be dialing down its saber rattling, at least for now. U.S. satellites reveal that, over the weekend, the Hermit Kingdom removed a battery of missiles it had placed in firing position for a much-publicized test launch.
- A new online magazine for new jihadists is putting out a call for some tech-savvy Muslim to help figure out how to hack American drones, saying “any opinions, thoughts, ideas and practical implementations to defeat this drone technology must be communicated to us as early as possible because these would aid the Ummah greatly in its war against the Crusader-Zionist enemy.”