Democracy’s Been Hacked, Gay HOF, Cruz-ing Toward The White House, Dis-invitation, Obamacare’s Bumpy Road: Thursday Morning News Roundup 4-25-2013
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Drawing on his wealth of understanding of all things digital, former Vice President Al Gore has decided that American democracy has been “hacked” by 2nd Amendment activists and other special interests.
- A hall of fame for gay athletes has launched in Chicago on the heels of veteran NBA player Jason Collins’ surprise announcement that he is gay.
- Freshman Senator Ted Cruz is considering a Presidential run, according to his friends and confidants.
- The Rev. Kevin Johnson, a prominent alumnus of historically black Morehouse College, got himself “disinvited” from a baccalaureate speaking engagement at his alma mater — allegedly because he dared to criticize the Administration of President Barack Obama in a newspaper opinion piece.
- Get ready for “glitches and bumps” as Obamacare comes fully into effect over the next six months, Obama says.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook. And follow our improved Twitter feed.
*Staff writer Sam Rolley contributed to this article.
Ben Bullard Reconciling the concept of individual sovereignty with conscientious participation in the modern American political process is a continuing preoccupation for staff writer Ben Bullard. A former community newspaper writer, Bullard has closely observed the manner in which well-meaning small-town politicians and policy makers often accept, unthinkingly, their increasingly marginal role in shaping the quality of their own lives, as well as those of the people whom they serve. He argues that American public policy is plagued by inscrutable and corrupt motives on a national scale, a fundamental problem which individuals, families and communities must strive to solve. This, he argues, can be achieved only as Americans rediscover the principal role each citizen plays in enriching the welfare of our Republic.
Join the Discussion:
View Comments to “Democracy’s Been Hacked, Gay HOF, Cruz-ing Toward The White House, Dis-invitation, Obamacare’s Bumpy Road: Thursday Morning News Roundup 4-25-2013”
Comment Policy: We encourage an open discussion with a wide range of viewpoints, even extreme ones, but we will not tolerate racism, profanity or slanderous comments toward the author(s) or comment participants. Make your case passionately, but civilly. Please don't stoop to name calling. We use filters for spam protection. If your comment does not appear, it is likely because it violates the above policy or contains links or language typical of spam. We reserve the right to remove comments at our discretion.
Is there news related to personal liberty happening in your area? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org