Connecticut’s Stupid Gun Laws, Smoking Weed For A Living, Detroit Sucks And Taxing Rain: Thursday Morning News Roundup 4-4-2013
April 4, 2013 by Sam Rolley
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Knee-jerk alert: Lawmakers in Connecticut just passed a steaming pile of anti-gun legislation that will do little more than criminalize a vast number of its law-abiding residents who happen to be gun owners.
- There are food critics, art critics, wine critics and film critics. And now, one man in Colorado has the envy of every half-baked ganja toker in the United States: Meet William Breaths, America’s first pot critic. Whatever your views on marijuana, you have to admit: That Breaths’ job exists is good for liberty.
- Officials at Detroit Metro Airport pulled a free newspaper from terminals over a headline that reads: “Detroit, The Most Miserable City in America.” The headline was meant to be facetious, but perhaps it is too true for the glibness to be appreciated.
- Officials in one Maryland town have decided to levy a tax on… rain.
- The Administration of Barack Obama is set to hire tens of thousands of Obamacare “navigators” (read union workers and community activists) who will start out making $20 an hour or more.
- Amnesty: An illegal alien in Arizona killed a woman for not allowing him to have sex with her 13-year-old daughter.