Bloomberg’s Anti-Gun Blitz, DHS Buys More Bullets, IRS Wastes Your Money And Jim Carey Hates Charlton Heston: Monday Morning News Roundup 3-25-2013
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Ney York City Nanny Mayor Michael Bloomberg launched a $12 million ad blitz against Senators who do not support gun control.
- Your tax dollars at work: The Internal Revenue Service spent about $60,000 to produce a ridiculous “Star Trek” parody for training.
- The Department of Homeland Security is making yet another big ammo purchase. This time the agency announced it plans to purchase another 360,000 rounds of hollow point ammunition.
- Jim Carrey is no longer funny, if you ever thought he was. And, oh yeah, he hates guns.
- The Federal government spends more money each year on cash payments for disabled former workers than it spends on food stamps and welfare combined. Every month, 14 million people now get a disability check from the government.
- Senator James Inhofe (R-Okla.) introduced an amendment that would prevent the United States from entering into the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty in order to uphold the 2nd Amendment. His amendment passed on a 53-46 vote.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook. And follow our improved Twitter feed.
Sam Rolley Staff writer Sam Rolley began a career in journalism working for a small town newspaper while seeking a B.A. in English. After learning about many of the biases present in most modern newsrooms, Rolley became determined to find a position in journalism that would allow him to combat the unsavory image that the news industry has gained. He is dedicated to seeking the truth and exposing the lies disseminated by the mainstream media at the behest of their corporate masters, special interest groups and information gatekeepers.
Join the Discussion:
View Comments to “Bloomberg’s Anti-Gun Blitz, DHS Buys More Bullets, IRS Wastes Your Money And Jim Carey Hates Charlton Heston: Monday Morning News Roundup 3-25-2013”
Comment Policy: We encourage an open discussion with a wide range of viewpoints, even extreme ones, but we will not tolerate racism, profanity or slanderous comments toward the author(s) or comment participants. Make your case passionately, but civilly. Please don't stoop to name calling. We use filters for spam protection. If your comment does not appear, it is likely because it violates the above policy or contains links or language typical of spam. We reserve the right to remove comments at our discretion.
Is there news related to personal liberty happening in your area? Contact us at email@example.com