Kim Jong Un Wants A Phone Call, Locusts Plague Egypt… Again, Rich Overtaxed And Homeland Security Buys Some Tanks: Monday Morning News Roundup 3-4-2013
March 4, 2013 by Sam Rolley
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Good thing he left his dress at home. It seems Dennis Rodman’s recent trip to North Korea had a positive diplomatic impact. Rodman made an interesting point in a recent interview: Both President Barack Obama and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un love basketball. He also said Kim wants Obama to do one thing: Call him. The former basketball star reported that Kim also confided in him that North Korea doesn’t want war.
- Just three weeks before Passover begins, a plague of more than 30 million locusts swarmed over Egypt’s cities and farms, making its way from the Red Sea to Saudi Arabia at the end of last week and over the weekend.
- The Department of Homeland Security reportedly recently retrofitted 2,717 “Mine Resistant Protected” vehicles (tanks) for service on the streets of the United States.
- Eat the rich: As lawmakers continue to argue about whether wealthy Americans should suffer more taxes, it turns out wealthy families are already paying the highest tax bills in three decades — even as the rest of the Nation continues to pay historically low rates.
- According to the China’s defense ministry, Chinese military systems were subjected to 144,000 attacks per month throughout 2012, and 63 percent of those attacks came from the United States.