Shot By Waffle, 4,700 Drone Deaths, Congress Foreign Policy Problem And Secretive Police: Thursday Morning News Roundup 2-21-2013
February 21, 2013 by Sam Rolley
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- If you’re planning to make waffles, be sure you haven’t left a magazine with four 9mm rounds in the oven. A Tampa, Fla., woman cooking herself a snack was wounded after the bullets her roommate left inside the oven exploded and sprayed her with shrapnel.
- Meanwhile, the Administration of Barack Obama invites people to share their gun violence stories and reasons for supporting stronger gun control measures on BarackObama.com. “Well, this one time I was making waffles.”
- Senator Lindsey Graham said an estimated 4,700 people, including some civilians, have been killed in the contentious bombing raids of America’s secretive drone war.
- Secretary of State John Kerry says the greatest challenge to U.S. foreign policy is not emerging China or Mideast instability. It’s Congress.
- First lady Michelle Obama is launching a three-State tour to promote her anti-childhood obesity program, “Let’s Move.” The White House has proclaimed that the first lady is single-handedly responsible for halting childhood obesity in the United States.
- The Alexandria, Va., Police Department refuses to share basic documents detailing their actions, including use of deadly force, with the public.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.