Wednesday Morning News Roundup 1-30-2013
January 30, 2013 by Sam Rolley
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Debt levels of 200 percent of gross domestic product are on the horizon for the United States, despite all of the political grandstanding over the debt ceiling and the fiscal cliff.
- Texas Governor Rick Perry has an idea: Give excess tax money back to the taxpayers.
- Even though Federal spending has increased 39 percent over the past two decades, 70 percent of Americans say it hasn’t had any positive impact on quality of life.
- President Ronald Reagan’s childhood home in Chicago could be destroyed to make way for a parking lot for Barack Obama’s Presidential library.
- A sting operation in Milwaukee that was conducted by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives offers a troubling look at just how incompetent and irresponsible government law enforcement agencies can be. It resulted in a military-style machine gun landing on the streets and the agency having $35,000 in merchandise stolen from a store it set up as a front for the operation.
- News networks are using tactics similar to those in the 1997 film “Wag the Dog” to continue to exploit the dead children of Sandy Hook Elementary as a means for drumming up support for more gun control.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.