Thursday Morning News Roundup 1-17-2013
January 17, 2013 by Sam Rolley
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Following President Barack Obama’s “do it for the kids” gun control speech yesterday, Infowars has listed a number of other leaders who have used children as props to push government agenda. Among them: Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler, Mao Zedong, Fidel Castro, Kim Il-sung.
- Sixty percent of high school and college students say they plan to own guns at a later stage in life, an academic study from American University revealed on Monday.
- A military judge said it doesn’t matter whether or not whistleblower Bradley Manning had good intentions for leaking military secrets.
- Germany is transferring nearly 700 tons of gold bars worth $36 billion from Paris and New York to its vaults in Frankfurt.
- Obama is featuring eight Americans as “citizen co-chairs” of his inauguration, a new role created to highlight his first-term accomplishments.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.