Wednesday Morning News Roundup 1-9-2013
January 9, 2013 by Sam Rolley
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Joe Biden will meet with the National Rifle Association (NRA) and a range of other groups this week as President Barack Obama’s gun violence task force shifts into high gear.
- Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell laid out a new plan that would eliminate the gas tax but increase the State’s sales tax.
- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo is working to make guns very hard to come by in his State.
- In a segment on Piers Morgan’s CNN program, sports columnist for the Daily Beast Buzz Bissinger called for Alex Jones to be shot the day after his heated exchange with the British blowhard Morgan.
- Glenn Beck announced plans Tuesday during his online television program to expand the news operation in his media company, The Blaze, and refocus it as a libertarian network, opening three foreign bureaus, debuting a nightly newsmagazine show and relocating his New York staff to showy new offices.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.