Wednesday Morning News Roundup 1-2-2013
January 2, 2013 by Sam Rolley
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- As of yesterday, more than 400 new laws and regulations took effect throughout the Nation.
- According to the Congressional Budget Office, the last-minute fiscal cliff deal reached by congressional leaders and President Barack Obama cuts only $15 billion in spending while increasing tax revenues by $620 billion—a 41:1 ratio of tax increases to spending cuts.
- Rupert Murdoch says runaway inflation is heading our way.
- What global warming? Alaska appears to be getting colder.
- Violent crackdowns on Occupy Wall Street in cities around the US may have been coordinated between local law enforcement, the federal government, and banks, even before protests began, according to a trove of documents requested by The Partnership for Civil Justice Fund (PCJF) under the Freedom of Information Act.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.