Thursday Morning News Roundup 12-27-2012
December 27, 2012 by Sam Rolley
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Between the debt ceiling and the fiscal cliff, it looks like all of the economic news is bad news.
- Social Security’s deficits are depressing and the number of Americans applying for disability benefits hit an all-time high this month.
- GOP Senators say they will refuse to confirm Senator John Kerry (D-Mass.) as Secretary of State until the Nation’s current top diplomat, Hillary Clinton, testifies about her handling of the Benghazi terrorist attack.
- There seems to be less excitement about President Barack Obama’s second inauguration than the first. Could it be his record?
- Washington D.C. traffic cameras have made the city so much money, officials have decided to double the size of its citywide speed trap.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.