Thursday Morning News Roundup 12-13-2012
December 13, 2012 by Sam Rolley
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- If you were expecting a deal on the fiscal cliff from Congress before Christmas arrives, don’t hold your breath.
- Some experts say that the economy could withstand a brief fall off the fiscal cliff.
- Time readers picked North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un as their top choice for person of the year. It seems bad that the dictator of the Hermit Kingdom would be picked, but considering that Sandra Fluke was also in the running the, readers didn’t do so badly.
- Meanwhile, the young Kim’s just-launched “satellite” appears to be “tumbling out of control.”
- According to Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, the world’s embrace of social media networks is creating a “turnkey totalitarian state.”
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.