Happy Friday! Morning News Roundup 12-7-2012
December 7, 2012 by Sam Rolley
Here is a collection of some of the stories that Personal Liberty staffers will be keeping an eye on throughout the day. Click the links for the full stories.
- Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.) has a good idea about how Republicans should handle tax negotiations: “Why don’t we let the Democrats pass whatever they want? If they are the party of higher taxes, all the Republicans vote present and let the Democrats raise taxes as high as they want to raise them, let Democrats in the Senate raise taxes, let the president sign it and then make them own the tax increase.”
- Meanwhile, Senator Harry Reid (D-Nev.) is working on the really important stuff. He is working on getting a waiver so that lawmakers are allowed to eat popcorn in the Capitol building while watching a special screening of Steven Spielberg’s ode to the father of Federal superpowers, Lincoln.
- President Barack Obama is currently enjoying an approval rating of 57 percent. That’s the highest it has been since he took credit for the Navy SEALS’ purported killing of Osama bin Laden.
- George Zimmerman filed a suit today against NBC Universal over a well-publicized editing error that portrayed him in racist terms in his pursuit of Trayvon Martin.
- If you live in Florida, watch out. Officials are considering releasing thousands of genetically modified mosquitoes in the State.
Check back for updates, news and analysis throughout the day. Like us on Facebook.