Paper Money Is Not Wealth
November 28, 2011 by Bob Livingston
Have you ever seen “old people” hold and fondle their paper money? They count it, hide it under the mattress and bury it for safekeeping.
Remember my example of the power of inflation? I said that you could bury your paper money 40 miles deep in a sealed concrete vault, and it still could be inflated or devalued to nothing. There is no way to preserve your paper money. It is up to the money creators to not overprint.
Here’s how we are fooled: People equate fiat paper money like U.S. dollars with wealth. Only if paper money held its purchasing power could it be a store of value. Only then could you bury it and forget it.
For now, the safest currencies are those tied to commodities, such as the Canadian dollar (CAD) or the Norwegian kroner (NOK).
In addition to being commodity currencies, these countries are not reckless with their currencies and national resources. Most people do not understand currency gains (or losses). Right now, with the U.S. dollar and the U.S. economy in big trouble, there is not much risk to be in a foreign currency. We prefer the Canadian dollar, right after the Swiss franc.
The U.S. dollar does rally from time to time, but the long-term trend is down. We must understand this in order to protect our savings and investments.
The only thing that the U.S. government and the Federal Reserve can do under any pretense is to debase the currency. They do this by printing money or massive devaluation. It is not a solution, only a delay.
It’s a cruel hoax! Debasing the currency cannot and will not bring prosperity. It will bring ruin. It always has. It can come only to final default.
Printing money plus big devaluation means default — maybe not suddenly, but default is guaranteed. Understand this today, all people who hold U.S. dollars.
Alan Greenspan is the man who printed more paper money than anyone in history. In a candid moment he said: “Inflation is taxation. Inflation is the hidden confiscation of wealth.”
It is the direct result of government, through the central banking system, expanding (printing money) the money supply. They create new money so they can spend it into circulation to pay for their ever-increasing spending programs. Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the hidden confiscation of wealth.
Your government and the Federal Reserve private bankers are counterfeiting. We need desperately to understand this and dwell upon it. In 1792, a law was passed in the United States that mandated the death penalty for counterfeiting.
How far we have fallen!
The drive of the elite is a constant attack on the middle class with fear-based propaganda. The thrust is to seduce the middle class into giving up power and wealth for “security.”
There is a consistent downgrade of the individual and personal liberty in favor of internationalism.
The politicians are swimming naked, and it is easy to see that they are unAmerican and working for their elite controllers.
More of the same, just with greater intensity. Better add war clouds!
Here are probabilities:
- Continued money printing, maybe under some disguise or many disguises. The American people should never discover that the money creators are carrying on modern warfare against them. No matter what name or pretense they use to print money, they are transferring wealth from the people to the money creators. All U.S. dollar assets are under attack. Did you hear your politicians warning the American people? The exceptions are Ron Paul and Texas Governor Rick Perry, though I’m not sure he understood what he was saying.
- Massive devaluation of the U.S. dollar. As if consistently printing multitrillions of new dollars weren’t enough, we might as well prepare for the eventuality of an overnight or weekend huge devaluation preceded by denials “that it will never happen.” Desperate governments do desperate things, like attacking their own people. We may believe it or not. There is more than enough precedent in America and the world.
- Exchange controls. Greater restriction of money leaving the United States. The excuse will be the same old, same old “money laundering.”
- Money printing creates higher prices on everything. Few people are alert to the fact that higher prices are caused by money printing. It is the value of paper money going down that we call inflation or higher prices.
- Stepped-up police state under a barrage of propaganda. Our politicians will cooperate with the police state. There will be more and more controls and restrictions of freedom.
- New war(s) will be waged under the same old fear-based propaganda. Warfare is a vital part of a worldwide paper-money system. It is the alter ego of the Keynesian welfare state. I suppose we could say paper money plus blood is the foundation of the Keynesian welfare state.
“When money dies” and the failed State can no longer conceal the cause d’affaires, war is inevitable and certain. Evidence of the failed State is everywhere, even worldwide.
The classic option now is war as a fail-safe stimulus. This is the ace of the welfare-warfare State. The population will unite under war propaganda and inspire new life into disguised authoritarianism.
War is what’s left. Since people are waking up to the grand theft of the money creators and the widespread fraud of the system, “the ruling elite will inevitably turn to bloodshed as a source of economic stimulus.” From Slaughter as “Stimulus” by William Norman Grigg.
What could revive the crowd to rally behind the rot of the system and its stooge mouthpieces but the hysteria of war? So war is more than bloodshed stimulus. It is a political panacea. This is the basis of war crime that murders millions of military personnel and civilians.
It is perfectly astounding and amazing how people will give up their sons and daughters for ritual sacrifice under the pretense of patriotism.
The system is reduced to non-productivity and political vulgarism. The elite must shift gears to war by creating phantom threats, both external and internal.
The collapse of the U.S. economy into a modern depression is the perfect platform on which to create war clouds.
There is one shabby little secret here. The secret is that concocted war must arise on propaganda and deceit. The truth would shatter the whole thing. For one certain thing, the bloodthirsty politicians and their hidden masters would be revealed for the subhuman vampires that they are. Public executions might follow. Even as docile and manipulative as Americans have become, some percentage of them would be triggered to explode into anger and retribution.
We need to awaken from our childish love affair with democracy and realize that while the U.S. Constitution is still on display in the United States, we have descended into militarism and corporate socialism not unlike Nazi Germany. Didn’t Herr Hitler proclaim that Nazi Germany was a “great democracy?”
For many years now, the heartbeat of America has been imperialism. We have intimidated the world under the weak doctrine of antiterrorism.
Our sons and daughters have been the cannon fodder for foreign wars for several generations. And for what?
It is a monument to modern propaganda how the entire psyche of a country can be mobilized to surrender their children and wealth to the myth of war-fear created by the State for economic revival. No death and destruction are too much to make the fabricated cause real and to make a massive transfer of wealth to the elite.
Modern propaganda is especially adept at twisting our language into thoughts and phrases that serve the State. Bad things are manipulated and twisted to sound good and good things become bad, with our warped vocabulary.
Please read When Money Dies by Adam Fergusson, first copyrighted 1975 and since republished. It’s all about the nightmare of the Weimar German hyperinflation of 1923.